Links / e-mail
Qualifications and responsibilites:
- All officers share a desire and commitment to promote and serve the club within the Austin dance community, greeting and assisting members and visitors, regularly participating in monthly board meetings, weekly classes, special workshops, sanctioned competitions, and other events sponsored or promoted by the club.
- The President leads monthly board meetings and weekly club meetings, making sure all other positions are filled by capable officers, and delegating responsibility for other assignments as needed.
- The Vice President is qualified to assume all responsibilites of the President in the absence of the President.
- The Secretary keeps accurate club records including minutes of monthly board meetings, membership records including renewal dates and referral credits, and correspondence for membership retention or other official business.
- The Treasurer tracks and reports to the board on club finances, collects and deposits cash and checks from member dues or other sources, and makes timely payments for rent, reimbursement of expenses, or other club obligations.
- The Dance Director qualifies and assigns instructors, and establishes the curriculum and schedule for all classes and workshops.
- The Sergeant at Arms maintains order, directs setup for meetings and special events, and oversees greeting and assisting members and visitors.
- The Club Representative represents the club at state (TSDA) and regional (SWRDA) board meetings and competitive events.
- The Webmaster establishes and maintains the Whip Club Web site and officer e-mail addresses.